Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Travel Pictures: To God's Abode

Srirangam, Trichy
View of the main temple tower, Srirangam

Ucchi Pillayar temple, Malakottai/Rock fort, Trichy
The hillock, fort and temple view


Thiruaanai kaaval temple, Trichy
Huge compound and high walls enclosing the sanctum


Tirumalai Nayakkar Palace, Madurai
Painting on the ceiling
White, rounded pillars

Palace darbar hall view
Meenakshi Sundareshwarar temple, Madurai
Long hallway, ceilings with paintings

Temple gopuram

1 comment:

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Divya
seeing your "whats cooking" empty and you are an engineer , I came here.( birds of the same feather fight together)
I like this posting..a respite from cooking at least....very nice photos and write up. that was a great virtual treat...Let me see what is there for me in this blog,,I can see Srirangam m To God's abode) below...ha ha
Have a nice week