Saturday, June 1, 2024

Books Read in May 2024

 


I began my reading for the month of May with a collection of short stories not aware that May is popular as the Short Story month. I always love short stories, they always help me to keep some reading going on. They helped me more than ever in May which was messy, super busy, broadly a month with more lows than highs and happy days.

Below are the books I read - 

Short Stories Collections:

  •  Selected short stories of Jainendra Kumar, compiled by Pradeep Kumar, translated from Hindi by Ravi Nandan Sinha 
  • The Keeper of Desolation: Stories by Chandan Pandey, translated from Hindi by Sayari Debnath

I also finished reading half of the collection (first five of total ten) Kuttiedathi and other Stories by MT Vasudevan Nair, translated from Malayalam by V Abdulla. I re-read two stories from one of my favorite collections - Swimmer Among the Stars by Kanishk Tharoor. 

Novels

  • Roots by Malayatoor Ramakrishnan, translated from Malayalam by V Abdulla
  • The Moon and the Bonfires by Cesare Pavese, translated from Italian by Tim Parks
  • The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

Non Fiction 

  • Hold on to your Dreams - A Letter to Young Friends by Ruskin Bond.

No comments: