Friday, October 19, 2018

An Entry in my Travel Diary

Its been really really long since I wrote a blog post under the label 'Travel".

The last travelogue entry was of my trip to Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari and Trivandrum along with my husband in Nov 2011, before my kid was born. Not that we haven't traveled there after, we certainly have to places where we had relatives to visit, where a functioning house welcomed us and made us (especially my little one) feel at ease. After all, a home is where hearth is and heart is. 

Swerving a little away from that trend, we undertook a three day long vacation to Goa in the second week of Oct 2018, with mixed feelings - with the joy of visiting a destination that me and my husband love immensely from the time we visited it for the first time, back in 2007; with little skepticism on how we were going to fare with our kid in a place where we had no relatives or acquaintances, rather had no "home" like set up. 

I chose Santa Terra Apartments on Verem-Nerul Road for our stay after browsing through tags like homestay and service apartments on Instagram - hash tags really help, you know. (Smiles)

Located very close to Reis Magos Fort, not very far from Panjim, close to Aguada fort and Candolim beach, Santa Terra apartment offers a beautiful and convenient stay amidst lush greenery, a home away from home, literally. 

The laudable aspect for me was the presence of a fully equipped kitchen in the apartment , an induction cook top, a microwave oven (I didn't have to use it), a 4 burner gas stove, an electric kettle and Aqua Guard installed in place for clean drinking water. 

Traveling with a kid with very specific tastes and clear preference for home food, cooking his meals were of utmost importance to me and this was made easy at Santa Terra, utensils and cutlery required were in place; groceries could be procured from a shop right opposite the property. 

The apartment was spacious, with cleanliness clear winning the attention. Relaxing in the balcony or taking a walk inside the property observing plants, trees and beautiful flowers in the garden served as a great refreshing option. 

The owners of the property Sunaina and Sachin are quick to respond to queries and solve outstanding issues, if any. The housekeeping team ensure comfort in the hours they are available at the property. 

WiFi connectivity , Inverter/power back up, an indoor pool are other promising features. Contact information for bike/car rentals and airport pick up can be easily obtained. 


It will do good if one can pack a few utensils along and carry small packets of spices; other commonly used ingredients required to make a meal, little planning helps in avoiding a visit to the grocery store as the first thing you do upon landing at the venue.
 
Our stay was a comfortable and pleasant one, hassle free given the many doubts I harbored before it began. 
If one is traveling with a kid or better put prefers to cook and eat, one should have no doubts in booking this property. 


Here are a few pictures of Santa Terra Apartments that I managed to click on my mobile phone - 


Indoor swimming pool 


Santa Terra Apartments - a view from the garden 



Disclaimer: As is the norm of any review post - just a mention that I neither partner with the owners of the property nor stand to gain from any of its promotions, my three day stay here with my family was definitely a pleasant one, one that I will remember fondly. Just that good words should be shared without much deferring as it might help others like me make a decision. 

No comments: